Get Ready for the 2023 GMC Sierra EV
After much speculation, we can finally say that the 2023 GMC Sierra EV will be making its way to Go North Surrey GM in the not-so-distant future. This all-electric pickup truck will be built on GM’s Ultium EV platform, and like the GMC vehicles you already know and love, it’s expected to deliver style and practicality in equal measure. If you’d like to be one of the first to take the new Sierra EV for a test drive, don’t wait to let us know.
What We Know About the Sierra EV So Far
Although we’re still awaiting details, the 2023 Sierra EV is expected to offer an exceptional range, commanding power output, and of course, a range-topping Denali trim with luxurious, high-grade finishes. Here’s a closer look at what we know so far:
- When will the Sierra EV be available? Although the GMC Sierra EV release date has not been finalized, many expect a full reveal in the first half of 2022. A more definite arrival date should be available at the same time.
- Where is the Sierra EV being made? Drivers near Surrey and Burnaby will appreciate that the 2023 Sierra EV is being built in the U.S.—and more specifically, at GM’s ZERO Assembly Plant in Detroit and Hamtramck, MI.
- How will the Sierra EV stand out? The GMC Sierra and the Chevy Silverado have always been mechanically similar—and we don’t think that will change with electrification. However, the Sierra will continue to stand out with unique styling elements—including a futuristic front end that was just revealed.
- How will the Sierra EV perform? Since the Silverado EV is expected to offer a range of nearly 650 kilometres and a towing capacity of up to 10,000 pounds, we expect that the Sierra EV will deliver similarly impressive capabilities. Although it may not be available at launch, a more powerful Silverado EV variant is expected to offer up to 20,000 pounds of towing capacity. It’s safe to assume that the Sierra EV will do the same!
- Will there be an All-Electric Sierra Denali? GM has already confirmed that an all-electric Sierra Denali trim level will stand at the top of the lineup. Moreover, GMC is using the introduction of the Sierra Denali as an opportunity to re-envision and revolutionize the Denali nameplate.
Reserve Your Sierra EV at Go North Surrey GM
GMC is not yet taking orders for the 2023 Sierra EV, but you should absolutely get in touch with our team if you think you’d like to take one of these pickup trucks home to Maple Ridge or Coquitlam. Contact us at your convenience to ask for updates and details whenever we know more. If you’re eager to take the next steps, you can even find out how much your trade-in is worth today!